Bracken VFD Careers
Interested in joining Bracken VFD! We are always accepting applications for full-time, part-time and volunteer positions. Volunteers must live within the Bracken VFD service area, be 18 years old and hold a valid driver license.
Bracken Fire Department offers competitive wages, paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan for full-time paid firefighters.
Bracken Fire Department accepts applications throughout the year. We hire for paid positions from the Alamo Area Fire Chief’s Association testing pool. Testing dates and times can be found at: http://alamoareafirechiefs.com/positions-available/ or by checking the TCFP Jobs page: http://www.tcfp.texas.gov/job_postings/jobs.asp Those with applications on file 6 months prior to the testing process will be contacted and informed of the specific date and time.
- Certified by the Texas Department of State Health Services EMT – Basic (required), or higher
- Certified by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection as a Firefighter Basic (required), or higher
- Minimum of a Class “B” driver’s license or able to obtain within the probationary period of employment
- No felony convictions, DWI, drug-related offenses, family violence, or crimes of moral turpitude. All misdemeanors will be reviewed.
- Must pay for pre-employment Texas DPS FAST background check
- Must pay for Certified Abstract of Complete Driver Record ‘Type AR’ https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/driverrecords.htm
- Health physical, drug screen, oral interview panel, and department physical agility exam.